How Do I…?
Add a PI in Waste Pickup Request Form : Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for Replacement Supply?
Replacement supply request can be submitted with your Waste Pickup Request.
Requests for pickup will only be done by EH&S staff if the material is on the Danforth Campus, West Campus, North Campus, Cortex or the School of Medicine Campus.
Waste Disposal Contact
Environmental Compliance Manager
Livi Isringhausen manages and provides services for Waste Disposal processing, Recycling, and Compliance.
Location: All Building in Medical School Campus
Cell Phone: (314) 602-8551
- Appliance Disposal Guidance
- Battery Recycling & Disposal Guidance
- Biological Waste Disposal Guidance
- Unwanted Material Management in Laboratories on Campus Guidelines
- Chemical Waste in Satellite Campuses/Buildings and Non-Laboratories on Campus Guidance
- Laboratory Cleanout Guidance
- Campus Lab Move Guidelines for Chemicals
- Recycling of Empty Containers and Other Materials in Laboratories
- Recycling and Donation of Electronic Equipment Policy
- Pharmaceutical Drug Disposal Guidance
- Pipette and Pipette Tip Disposal Policy
- Sewer Disposal
- Subpart K (EPA Lab Rule) Training
- Subpart K Chemical Disposal Requirements Comparison Table
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) Management
Chemical wastes: The container must be labeled as unwanted material or hazardous waste, depending on your location, and submitted for a pickup online.
Chemicals in original bottle with label: If your lab has large quantity then it should be handled as a lab cleanout, as long as this lab has not done a lab cleanout in 12 months. These chemicals will need to be labeled and inventoried as described in the Laboratory Cleanout Guidance. If there only a few bottles the container must be labeled as unwanted material or hazardous waste, depending on your location, and submitted for a pickup online.
Batteries: EH&S takes all batteries but alkaline batteries. Alkaline batteries can be put in the trash because the reclamation process generally utilizes more resources to reprocess and re-manufacture the materials than are gained from the battery recycling. Submit an online request form and we will pick up and dispose of all other batteries.
Light Bulbs: Laboratories generating occasional used light bulbs should carefully wrap the bulb for protection from breakage and utilize a purple universal waste label. The label must be completely filled out, including a start date. For pick up, complete the online pickup request form. Facilities generating light bulbs should contact EHS for training. For more information please see the policy.
Radioactive waste: This information can be found at Radiation Safety’s radioactive waste webpage.
Sharps Container: Sharps containers may be put in your Bio box or may submitted for pickup online.
EH&S Waste Disposal service DOES NOT Pickup the following disposal items.
- Books and magazines : Please contact Facilities
- Cartridges from printers : Contact the office supply vendor regarding disposal of toner/ ink cartridges if no return containers is provided with the item purchase. Please visit Resource Management’s Toner and Ink Cartridge Recycling Programs page for more information.
- Furniture : Please contact Facilities or post on WUSTL’s Resource Management webpage
- Paper : Please contact Facilities