Add a PI in Waste Pickup Request Form : Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for Replacement Supply?
Replacement supply request can be submitted with your Waste Pickup Request.
Environmental Professional II
- Phone: (314) 747-1533
- Fax: (314) 362-1095
Nick Olson provides services for Waste Disposal processing.
Location: All Buildings in Medical School Campus
Health Physicist I
- Phone: (314) 362-2997
- Fax: (314) 362-4776
- Email: email@example.com
Services: Radioactive Material Orders/Shipping/Transfers; Radioactive Waste Pickup and Disposal; Survey Meter Calibration and Repair; Bioassays
- Battery Recycling/Disposal Guidance
- Biological Infectious Biohazardous Medical Waste Disposal Policy
- Chemical Waste/ Unwanted Material Management in Laboratories – Checklist
- Chemical Waste in Satellite Campuses Checklist
- Laboratory Cleanout Guidance
- Recycling of Empty Containers and Other Materials in Laboratories
- Recycling and Donation of Equipment
- Pharmaceutical, DEA Controlled Substances, and Drug Disposal
- Pipette and Pipette Tip Disposal Policy
- Sewer Disposal
- Subpart K (EPA Lab Rule) Training
- Subpart K Chemical Disposal Requirements Comparison Table
- Used Lamp Disposal Policy
Chemical wastes: The container must be labeled as unwanted material or hazardous waste, depending on your location, and submitted for a pickup online.
Chemicals in original bottle with label: If your lab has large quantity then it should be handled as a lab cleanout, as long as this lab has not done a lab cleanout in 12 months. These chemicals will need to be labeled and inventoried as described in the Laboratory Cleanout Guidance. If there only a few bottles the container must be labeled as unwanted material or hazardous waste, depending on your location, and submitted for a pickup online.
Batteries: EH&S takes all batteries but alkaline batteries. Alkaline batteries can be put in the trash because the reclamation process generally utilizes more resources to reprocess and re-manufacture the materials than are gained from the battery recycling. Submit an online request form and we will pick up and dispose of all other batteries.
Light Bulbs: Laboratories generating occasional used light bulbs should carefully wrap the bulb for protection from breakage and utilize a blue “Unwanted Material” label. The label must be completely filled out, including a start date. For pick up, complete the online pickup request form. Facilities generating light bulbs should contact EHS for training. For more information please see the policy.
Radioactive waste: This information can be found at Radiation Safety’s radioactive waste webpage.
Sharps Container: Sharps containers may be put in your Bio box or may submitted for pickup online.
EH&S Waste Disposal service DOES NOT Pickup the following disposal items.
- Books and magazines : Please contact Facilities
- Cartridges from printers : Contact the office supply vendor regarding disposal of toner/ ink cartridges if no return containers is provided with the item purchase. Please visit Resource Management’s Toner and Ink Cartridge Recycling Programs page for more information.
- Furniture : Please contact Facilities or post on WUSTL’s Resource Management webpage
- Paper : Please contact Facilities